That’s a great question…..and right in the middle of National Women’s History Month!
Here are a few authors to consider:
- Kathleen Grissom – The Kitchen House (2010)
- Beth Hoffman – Saving CeeCee Honeycut (2010)
- Jean Kwok – Girl in Translation (2010)
- Lisa See – (2009)
- Reyne Grande – Dancing with Butterflies (2009)
- Jeanette Walls – Half Broke Horses (2009)
- Hillary Jordan – Mudbound (2008)
- Elizabeth Berg – We Are All Welcome Here (2006)
- Sena Jeter Naslund – Four Spirits (2003)
- Sue Monk Kid – The Secret Life of Bees (2002)
- Fannie Flagg – Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café (1987)
- Alice Walker – The Color Purple (1982)
- Mildred Taylor – Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (1976)
- Harper Lee – To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)
- Carson McCullers – The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (1940)
- Carol Ryrie Brink – Caddie Woodlawn (1935)
This is also a good opportunity to remind our readers that the Dallas Public Library’s catalog features Novelist – a great online tool for discovering new titles and authors.
You might also enjoy a fun, reader-oriented website: The Library Thing.