With the new OverDrive App for NOOK, you can simply browse, checkout and wirelessly download eBooks and MP3 audiobooks straight to your Nook!
- A NOOK Color, NOOK Tablet, NOOK HD, or NOOK HD+
- Wi-Fi access
- An Adobe ID (If you don’t have one, the OverDrive App will show you how to get one)
- Library card number and PIN
Downloading OverDrive App
- Download the OverDrive App from the NOOK Apps storefront.
- Once downloaded, sign in with your Adobe ID to authorize app. If you don’t have one, you will be prompted to create a free Adobe ID.
- After authorization is complete, open the OverDrive App.
Finding Your Library
Before checking out, you must first find your library.
- Tap “Get Books” to switch to the library list.
- Tap “Add a Library” and search for “Dallas Public Library.”
- Select “Dallas Public Library” from the search results.
Browsing, Checking-Out, & Reading
- Browse or search through catalog.
- When you’ve found your desired title, add it to your cart.
- Tap “Proceed to Checkout.”
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Select your desired lending period.
- Tap “Download.” The title will load onto your OverDrive Bookshelf.
For more information, please check out the OverDrive help page: http://help.overdrive.com/article/0905/How-to-install-OverDrives-mobile-app-on-your-NOOK
OverDrive is available to all Dallas Public Library resident cardholders. Library card number and personal identification number (PIN) are required for all downloads. Don’t know your PIN; contact any Dallas Public Library location.