- Dallas Librarian to Chair American Library Association Book Awards Committee
- Book Review: The Cider House Rules by John Irving
- Book Review: River of Stars by Guy Gavriel Kay
- Disaster Preparedness Fair
- My 10-year-old told me he wanted the newest James Patterson book. I told him it was too grown-up for him, but he kept insisting that it was recommended by his teacher. Is that what they’re reading in 4th grade these days?
- Jenny Simpson on I am a huge fan of WWE wrestling, especially wrestlers from the early 80’s like Hulk Hogan, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, and Andre the Giant. Does the library have anything that I would enjoy?
- Evelyn Reininger on I’m interested in joining the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. Can you help me in my quest to find an ancestor who would help qualify me for membership in the group?
- Gwen McCord on I’m interested in joining the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. Can you help me in my quest to find an ancestor who would help qualify me for membership in the group?
- booked on “Voices from the Soul” Negro Spiritual Concert
- Essie on “Voices from the Soul” Negro Spiritual Concert
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- book reviews
- Bookmarkts at NorthPark Center
- Explore the Library
- graphic novels
- library web
- linked-in wednesday
- notes from history
- reference question
- science fiction
- short stories
- staff reads
- young adult
Tagsadult education apps art big thought black history month book clubs bookends book recommendations book reviews business & technology children children's programs dallas west databases ebooks financial literacy fine arts division genealogy GLBT health historic photographs history division holidays homework help Investments jobs job seekers library live Mango Languages martin luther king MorningStar newspapers overdrive poetry recipes reference USA Sports Collection steampunk storytime Summer Reading Program super bowl tax help teen texas history theater
Author Archives: Business and Technology Specialist
I’ve been approached by a gas company interested in leasing my Tarrant County land. How do I know if the lease terms being offered are comparable to what other property owners in my county are receiving?
The U.S. Lease Price Report, housed in the Central Library’s Nancy and Jake L. Hamon Oil and Gas Resource Center, compiles information from federal oil and gas lease sales, state oil and gas lease sales, and private transactions to provide … Continue reading
I want a list of all the fraternal organizations in the United States. Does the library have resources that can help me?
Using the ReferenceUSA database, available online to Dallas Public Library patrons, it is possible to generate lists of associations, businesses, etc. This YouTube video explains how to do it, step-by-step. You can download as many as 250 records at a time using ReferenceUSA.
To improve my overall health and minimize my chances for future serious health problems, I need to lose weight and become more physically fit. I’m ready to take action – what does the Library have that may help?
Library resources can be of great help in developing and implementing a plan of action towards greater health and fitness. The examples listed below may be found on the Fifth Floor of the J. Erik Jonsson Central Library, the largest … Continue reading
I’m researching the skin care industry, and am having difficulty finding a free source of industry and market research information. Does the library have this type of information?
The EBSCOHost database Business Source Complete, available throughout the Dallas Public Library system and from the Library Website Databases Page, includes a repository of industry profiles and market research reports for various industries and subindustries, accessible through the database’s Enhanced … Continue reading
I am looking for copies of the Consumer Reports Buying Guides, older ones as well as the current edition. Are they available online?
Both the magazine and the annual buying guides are available in printed form at most of the Library’s Branch locations and also, to Dallas Public Library cardholders, in a full text, online version. Here is how to access it electronically: