|Besides being a great tool for helping students find their next great read, NoveList K-8 offers some great resources for educators, too. Be sure to check out the "Teaching with Books" section.
Visiting the Library
- Tours of the Children's Center
- College Assistance Center - A description of the services and resources available at DPL's College Assistance Center
- ERIC(the Educational Resource Information Center) - Contains more than 1,243,000 records and links to more than 224,000 full-text documents from ERIC.
- DASH (Dallas After School Homework Help) - Service includes live homework help in all major subjects, including world languages. A writing lab provides help within 24 hours of submitting your work online and a test center for the SAT, ACT, GED and more. Live tutoring is from 2 p.m. to 12 a.m. Spanish language assistance is available during the same hours.
- The Best Kids Book Site - Lots of storytime ideas, crafts, and book lists
- Early Literacy Storytime Ideas Exchange - Resource for Early Childhood and Pre-K teachers that covers picture books and literacy skills
- Guys Read - A site dedicated to helping boys become lifelong readers. Includes book suggestions and more.
- Ingram Library Services Teacher's Guides K - 12 - Here youíll find access to hundreds of teacherís guides that correspond with your curriculum. All guides have been selected by our team of MLS-degreed librarians and certified teachers and are segmented into elementary, middle, or high school levels
- Kids.gov - Offers learning activities and lesson plans for all ages and subject areas.
- Preschool Express - Offers learning activities for preschool and Pre-K teachers
- Reading Rockets - A great site for reading teachers; includes tons of author interviews and teaching tips
- Scholastic Teaching Resources Includes lesson plans, teaching strategies, and more