Historic Downtown Residences

Jackon Street Lofts

Address: 1300 Jackson Street
Architect: ?
Year Built: 1909

This building was built for E. Eppstein & Co., liquor distributors, which was bought out by Sigel's in the late 1910s. United States Tire Co. shared the building in 1918. Various tenants occupied the site in the 1920s and 1930s until Ely & Walker Wholesale Dry Goods, a St. Louis Company, moved in and established their Dallas offices. Ely & Walker was one of the largest dry goods wholesalers in the country. They remained at this location for almost thirty years.

Developer George Babashoff began converting the 4-story building into 8 condos in 2000. It became home to Lenny's Sub Shop in 2005, and all units were sold by early 2005.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

©2006 Texas/Dallas History & Archives, Dallas Public Library
1515 Young St | 7th Floor | Dallas, TX 75201 | 214-670-1435

Dallas Public Library Homepage

Last revised on August 8, 2007