|Welcome | Log In|
The Dallas Public Library has more than 6,000 historic images of Dallas and Texas available in its online catalog. Images from the catalog may be used for school projects or purchased for publication or display.
1. Start at the library's homepage: www.dallaslibrary.org (will open in a new window)
2. Click on the library catalog link.
3. Click on "Advanced" near the search box.
4. Locate the "Limit by" drop-down box and select "Digital Photographs".
5. Once you have limited the search to "digital photographs" and entered your keywords, click on Go!
6. Click on a thumbnail to enlarge an item, or click on "Full Description" to see a more detailed description of the image.
The Dallas Public library owns copyright to all of the photographs Online. Permission has been granted to teachers and students to download and use the photographs strictly for classroom purposes. All other uses require permission from the staff in the Texas/Dallas History and Archives Division.
You may purchase reproductions of all photographs Online. When purchasing a photograph you will be granted "one time only" publication rights. Please contact the Texas/Dallas History and Archives Division about ordering an image for publication or other uses.
The photographs in the catalog are only a sample of what the Texas/Dallas History and Archives Division owns. If you are looking for something specific and cannot find it in the catalog, please contact our staff at (214-670-1435). Any staff member in Texas/Dallas History and Archives Division can help you search for a specific photograph.