Gift to the City of Dallas from:
- Ira G. Corn, Jr.
- Mary C. and David M. Crowley
- Dorothy and Robert Cullum
- Sue and Joseph Driscoll
- Margaret and Robert S. Folsom
- Anonymous gift in memory of Eva and Dave Freed
- Charlotte and Joseph W. Geary
- Anonymous gift in memory of L. Storey Stemmons
- Winkie and Jack A. Stroube
- Carolyn and A. Starke Taylor, Jr.
This is the fundamental legal document that established the United States of America. As such, its importance cannot be overemphasized. It was printed on the night of July 4, 1776, several weeks before the signed, handwritten copy housed in the National Archives was prepared. The documentís clear, concise prose may be attributed to Thomas Jefferson. This copy is one of twenty-five known to survive.