TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Lyceum Club was established in March 1931 by Dr. May Agness Hopkins, Dr. Juanita Wade, Mrs. Cloyd Read, and Alma Thurman. The group was established as a place where women could meet and discuss literature, art, music, and drama. The name Lyceum was chosen after Aristotle's school. The club is still active and in 2006 celebrated its 75th anniversary.
The collection consist of three scrapbooks and some yearbooks. The scrapbooks document club activity with clippings, program information, yearbooks and photographs.
This record series is indexed under the following controlled access subject terms.
Forums (Discussion and Debate) Women--Texas--Dallas--Societies and clubs
MA04-7 Lyceum Collection, Texas/Dallas History & Archives Division, Dallas Public Library
Processed by Bryan McKinney