Dallas Public Library

Texas/Dallas History and Archives Division

Dallas Neighborhoods - The Cedars

Click on an image below to see an enlarged photograph. Use your browser's back button to return to this page.

Residence of Rudolph Liebman

Residence of Rudolph Liebman, 203 Browder Street (changed to 711 Browder in 1911), 1895. Liebman was the President of the Texas Paper Company. The home was destroyed in 1930.

PA 83-34/76.
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Scene on Browder Street, 1895.

PA 83-34/58
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Scene on Browder Street, 1895.
Scene on South Ervay Street, 1895.

Scene on South Ervay Street, 1895.

PA 83-34/65
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Congregation Shaareth Israel at 528 (now 2114) Jackson Street, 1895.
The building was demolished in the 1920s.

PA 83-34/73
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Congregation Shaareth Israel
Residence of George N. Aldredge

Residence of George N. Aldredge, 315 (now 1003) South Ervay Street, 1895.
Aldredge was an attorney with the Dallas law firm Watts, Aldredge and Eckford.
The house was demolished in 1927.

PA 83-34/77
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Scene on South Akard Street, 1895.

PA 83-34/89
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Scene on South Akard Street, 1895.
Residence of Philip Sanger

Residence of Philip Sanger, 329 (now 1011) South Ervay Street, 1895.
Sanger, along with his brother Alexander, founded the Sanger Brothers Department Store in Dallas. The Sanger Brothers store became Sanger Harris before being bought by Foley's, Inc.
The house was demolished in 1953.

PA 83-34/9
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Residence of J. Ashford Hughes, 215 Pocahontas Street, 1910.
The house was demolished in 1960 for the construction of R. L. Thornton Expressway.

PA 83-35/38
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Residence of J. Ashford Hughes
Residence of Alexander Sanger

Residence of Alexander Sanger, 249 (now 711) South Ervay Street, 1910.
Sanger was President of the Sanger Brothers Employees Loan and Savings Association.
The house was demolished in 1925.

PA 83-35/70
Artwork of Dallas Collection

Sears Roebuck Company complex on South Lamar Street, 1925.

PA 87-1/19-59-163
City Photographers Collection

Sears Roebuck Company complex on South Lamar Street, 1925.
Charles F. Boley home

Charles F. Boley home at the corner of Corsicana and Browder streets, circa 1886.

PA 2000-3/179
Chamber of Commerce Collection

Residences on South Akard Street, circa 1900.

PA 87-1/19-59-85
City Photographers Collection

Residences on South Akard Street, circa 1900.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

©2006 Texas/Dallas History & Archives, Dallas Public Library
1515 Young St | 7th Floor | Dallas, TX 75201 | 214-670-1435

Dallas Public Library Homepage

Last revised on May 29, 2008