2220 Canton Lofts 2220 Canton Lofts

2220 Canton Lofts

Address: 2220 Canton Street
Architect: ?
Year Built: 1925

Also known as: Olive & Myers Furniture Company
Stockton Manufacturing
RLM Building

This building was originally a warehouse for the Olive & Myers Furniture Company. In 1956, Stockton Manufacturing, a sportswear maker, bought the building from Olive & Meyer. Stockton was started in 1946 by Forest High graduate Leroy McMullen. It was one of the largest sportswear manufacturers in the southwest and employed about 1000 people. In 1973, the company changed its name to RLM Fashion Industries.

Westdale Asset Management Co. bought the building in 1993 from RLM Fashion Industries (now called the RLM building). It was adapted for residential living in 1996 by Corgan & Associates, who also did Adam Hats. The design won a Building Design award from the Dallas chapter of the American Institute of Architects and is a City of Dallas Landmark.

For More Information:

Online:
Canton Lofts
Resources at the Dallas Public Library, 7th Floor:
Manuscript Collections:
  • MA86-15 City of Dallas Landmark Records; see 2220 Canton Lofts folder
Photographs:
  • Please contact department to view additional photographs.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

©2006 Texas/Dallas History & Archives, Dallas Public Library
1515 Young St | 7th Floor | Dallas, TX 75201 | 214-670-1435

Dallas Public Library Homepage

Last revised on November 10, 2006