Adam Hats Lofts Adam Hats Lofts Adam Hats Lofts Adam Hats Lofts

Adam Hats Lofts

Address: 2700 Canton Street
Architect: John Graham
Year Built: 1914

Also known as: Ford Model T Production Plant

This 4-story, red brick building was built by Henry Ford as a production plant for Model T's (Graham was Ford's corporate architect in 1913). In 1925, Ford moved to a new plant, though they continued to use the building as a warehouse and showroom.

In 1955, Adam Hats, a subsidiary of Miller Brothers Hat Co., Inc., bought the building. In 1986, Adam Hats vacated the building, leaving it empty.

Westdale Asset Management Co., who also rehabilitated the 2220 Canton Lofts, bought the building in 1997 and hired Corgan &Associates to renovate the site into 90 loft apartments. The building is a City of Dallas Landmark.

For More Information:

Online:
Adam Hats Lofts
Resources at the Dallas Public Library, 7th Floor:
Vertical Files:
  • Buildings -- Adam Hats
  • Business &Industry -- Adam Hats
Manuscript Collections:
  • MA86-15 City of Dallas Landmark Records; see Adam Hats folder
Photographs:
  • Please contact department to view additional photographs.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

©2006 Texas/Dallas History & Archives, Dallas Public Library
1515 Young St | 7th Floor | Dallas, TX 75201 | 214-670-1435

Dallas Public Library Homepage

Last revised on December 14, 2007