Fidelity Union Towers Fidelity Union Towers Fidelity Union Towers Fidelity Union Towers

Fidelity Union Towers - Mosaic Building

Address: 1509 Pacific Avenue
Architect: Wyatt C. Hedrick (Hedrick & Stanley Architects)
Year Built: 1952

Also known as: Mayflower Building
Mosaic Building

The buildings were the home for the Fidelity Union Life Insurance Company. The first tower was built in 1952 at 21 stories, and the second tower, at 31 stories, was added in 1960. The second tower has also been called the Mayflower building because it was built by Mayflower Investment Co.

Fidelity Union vacated the building in 1985, and Texas Power & Light, the other major tenant, moved out in 1992. The complex laid vacant until Hamilton Properties Corporation bought it in 2004, rechristening it as The Mosaic. The renovation included construction of 440 apartments with interiors designed by three celebrated architects: Ike Isenhour, Stanley Ray, and MAA. The grand opening of the residences occurred in 2007.

For More Information:

Online:
Mosaic Building Website
The Handbook of Texas Online: "Fidelity Union Life Insurance"
The Handbook of Texas Online: "Hedrick, Wyatt Cephas"
Resources at the Dallas Public Library, 7th Floor:
Vertical Files:
  • Buildings -- Fidelity Union Life
  • Buildings -- Mayflower
  • Buildings -- Union tower
  • Business & Industry -- Fidelity Union Life Insurance Company
Photographs:
  • Please contact department to view additional photographs.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

©2006 Texas/Dallas History & Archives, Dallas Public Library
1515 Young St | 7th Floor | Dallas, TX 75201 | 214-670-1435

Dallas Public Library Homepage

Last revised on December 14, 2007